Assalamu Alaikum Waraghmatulaahie Wabarakatu
I greet you with the universal greeting if peace
We are bombarded daily with so many messages and so many things. How are we meant to survive it all? The great thing about growing older and growing up is that you get to find your center.
As you grow older you learn more about who you are, who you want to be and what you want to send out into the world. Everyday we have interactions with people and within those moments we complete transactions. We give of ourselves and we take from others.
Sometimes people give us their truth and somehow it touches on us. I created for myself such an interaction this week and it left me a little off-center. It has taken me a long while to become ok with who I am. Here’s a bit more about that.
Sometimes its about remembering the simplest of things.
- Never base how you view,think or feel about yourself on the views or opinions of someone else
- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
- Everyone’s opinion of what is beautiful, acceptable or just plain ok is different
- Everything external such as beauty, success, material possessions and everything else that is outside of ourself will fade or go away as none of this is permanent
- It’s ok to be who you are and if you work long and hard enough it is something that you will one day be able to celebrate flaws and all
- At the end of it when all is said and done it all works out exactly as its meant to
Life is wonderful and a blessing with all its ups and downs. It’s ever-changing and that’s what makes it glorious.
Shukran for reading, until next time.