Assalamualaikum Waraghmatulaahi Wabarakatu.
I greet you with the universal greeting of peace.
All that we are, All that we possess, All that we take, All that we give, All belongs to and comes from One Allah alone!
He sustains us, nurtures and nourishes us. All praise, worship and glory solely belongs to Him!
I stumbled upon this interesting recipe of a Boerie pie. First time I heard of this concept. The original recipe calls for baking it on the braai but I adapted it for Saturday lunch.
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 and a half medium onion chopped
- 1 punnet of button mushroom sliced
- 2 today puff pastries
- some grated cheese
- sausage (the recipe calls for boere wors, I substituted with dhanya sausage as my family dislikes boere wors)
- Saute onions until golden brown and set aside
- Saute mushrooms for a minute or 2 and set aside
- Roll pastry slightly not too much just slightly and cut in four squares
- Then layer your ingredients: 1 layer of onion, 1 layer of mushroom, your sausage and then some grated cheese
- Fold the sides of the pastry over to create a pie shape
- Bond the edges with a fork
- Egg wash and bake for 30 -40 minutes at 180 degrees or until golden brown
I have mixed emotions about this recipe even though my family enjoyed it and I had fun preparing it. Hope you enjoy!
Shukran for reading, until next time.